Alberta Transportation has recently clarified some important information on transporting children in childcare. Be sure to have a read through if you are transporting dayhome children.

Important information from Alberta Transportation.

Did you know that if you transport children on a regular basis, for the purpose of offering a service for which you are compensated for, you require a special license to do so? 

Alberta Transportation does not differentiate between unlicensed or licensed childcare – they simply require those who are being compensated for transporting children to obtain the appropriate license. 

If you are regularly transporting children in your vehicle (ie. school runs) and you have been compensated for the service – you require a Class 4 license. You do not need to be compensated separately for this service for this rule to apply – Alberta Transportation considers transportation included in regular childcare fees as a “for hire” service. 

Carrier & Vehicle Safety Branch Compliance & Oversight

Phone: 403-755-6111
Toll Free: 310-0000
Email: [email protected]

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.